Exhibitions, publications, photography, video (*T&Cs below)
Roma Gypsies series
Smokey Mountain series
Islamic Sharia Nigeria
'Smokey Mountain and Recycling Phnom Penh' exhibition Houston Fotofest, Texas USA
Houston Fotofest Changing Circumstances 2016
selected awards, exhibitions, publications 2015
Felix Schoeller Photoaward 2015: Nominee 'Islamic Sharia Kano Nigeria'
Roma Beyond Borders: Fete Humanité Paris France
Meat book @ Hayward Gallery History is Now: BSE
History is Now: BSE Roger Hjorns
Roma Beyond Borders: Saintes Maries de la Mer France
Saintes Maries de la Mer Volkskrant publication
Saintes Maries de la Mer Volkskrant online
Moving Walls 12: Beyond Borders: Roma across Europe
Lensculture: Smokey Mountain series
Critical Mass 2011 Solo Exhibition winner
Blue Sky: Photo Lucida: Smokey Mountain series
European Photography Magazine EP92
ROMA-SINTI-KALE-MANUSH Rivington place, London UK
Roma Beyond Borders 54th Venice Biennale Roma Pavilion
Gallery 1401 Philadelphia: Nigel Dickinson
Gallery 1401: Roma Beyond Borders + Smokey Mountain
Slideluck Potshow Paris: Roma Beyond Borders
Noorderlicht Holland: Forests after the Storms
Fotofestiwal Poland: Smokey Mountain
IMAGES AGAINST WAR: One & Two
Encontros da Imagem Portugal: Nigel Dickinson
Kolga Tbilisi Photo Georgia: Beyond Borders: Nigel Dickinson
Tackling Urban Risk: Nicaragua documentary film, IFRC Red Cross 2011 (director, camera)
Solar Power Village: documentary film, Tamera 2007 (director)
IFJ Safety of Journalists Workshop UNESCO PARIS 2014 (director, camera)
The IEA Today director, corporate film for The IEA 2006 (director)
NEW YORK TIMES
New York Times: Fixer-Upper in Normandy the Sun King Would've loved
New York Times: No Quasimodo
New York Times: Trend Spotters Home & Garden
New York Times: Renovating a Castle Homes & Destinations
New York Times: Nice Provencal Cuisine
New York Times: Organic Champagne Wining & Dining
New York Times: A taste of the Riviera
New York Times: A Whimsical Welsh Village
New York Times: Culinary Crossroads in Genoa
New York Times: Castle on a Vineyard
Freedom Solidarity Forum conference
MISC TEAR SHEETS
Link TV USA : Chernobyl film
New Scientist: Mad Cows BSE
IFRC: Urban disaster risk reduction
Le Parisien Magazine: Voix Libre Pour Syria
*TERMS AND CONDITIONS: SUBMISSION & REPRODUCTION OF IMAGES
We, us, our, ours refers to ‘Nigel Dickinson t/a Leader Photos’. You, your refers to the person, entity, organisation or client who wishes to use our images or services. All images © Nigel Dickinson
By using this website you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. No variation of these terms or conditions will be effective unless agreed in writing.
The term “image” refers to any item, photograph or illustration which may be offered for the purposes of reproduction. All images made, shot or photographed by Nigel Dickinson are his copyright. All moral rights are asserted. Nigel Dickinson has the right to be credited as the author. Any reproduction without a credit to ‘Nigel Dickinson’ will be charged at least double the agreed rate (+100%).
Licence for Use of Images
1) The reproduction by whatever means of the whole or any part of any Image (including, without limitation, slide projection, artist’s reference, artist’s illustration, layout or presentation of Images) is strictly forbidden without our specific written permission. You must inform us of your proposals as to when and how an Image is intended to be used. We will then consider whether we would wish to grant a licence and, if so, on what terms.
2) No reproduction rights are granted by virtue of delivery of Images unless expressly indicated. Your right to reproduce an Image arises only if (a) licence terms are agreed and (b) our invoice relating to the grant of such right is fully paid. Any reproduction before payment of the invoice or outside the terms of any licence constitutes an infringement of copyright and also a breach of this Agreement entitling us to rescind and claim damages. You must indemnify us in respect of any claims, damages, costs or expenses we incur arising from any reproduction of any Image supplied to you.
3) You must satisfy yourself that all necessary rights, model releases or consents which may be required for reproduction are obtained and that the use of any image is not obscene, indecent, libellous or unlawful. We make no claim or warranty with regard to your use of content, names, text, people, trademarks or copyright material depicted in any Image and you will indemnify us in respect of any claims, damages, costs or expenses we incur arising from the use of any Image supplied to you.
4) Reproduction rights (if granted), unless otherwise agreed in writing are
a) subject to these terms and conditions and any terms and conditions set out in the delivery note, other documentation supplied and licence,
b) non-exclusive reproduction rights for single use only in a defined territory. A single use means a reproduction in one size for one edition of a single publication, published in one language only,
c) strictly limited to the use, period of time and territory stated in the licence,
d) personal to you and not assignable by you to any third party.
5) If we agree that you may license the use of any Image to any third party, you shall enter into an agreement with such third party to ensure that they are bound by licence terms restricting printing, copying, networking, multiple access or other use of the Images to personal use only, forbidding the assignment, resale, rental and lending of the Image and ensuring that credit is given to us and the author.
6) Each author asserts their right to be identified as the author of their photographs under the CD&P Act 1988. You must credit us and the author as specified by us every time an Image is used. If you fail to credit the Image an additional 100% of the original licence fee will be payable.
7) Images shall not be altered or manipulated, added to, or have any part deleted without our prior written consent.
8) You must provide us on publication with at least one complimentary copy of any publication in which the reproduction of the Image appears.
Digital Use of Images
9) You acknowledge that Images are our valuable property.
10) You may not create, store or transmit Digital Images without our permission except so far as is incidentally and wholly necessary to the process of producing items licensed by us. If permission is granted the following conditions apply:
11) Each Digital Image created by you shall be recorded and labelled with the Image reference number used by us and our copyright credit information as an integral part of the image file, and held on an electronic database under your sole possession and control.
12) Unless otherwise agreed, any Digital Image you create must not be greater in size than 640x480 pixels, 72ppi. Any use of the Digital Images shall be in a format designed so that it will not be possible to alter, manipulate or adapt any Digital Image in any way during the normal course of using the product.
13) You agree to destroy all Digital Images including any pre-press or pre-production copies of the Images and any copies or records of the Images held on a database within 90 days of the date of receipt of the Images or completion of the maximum production run, or expiry of the licence term, whichever is later.
14) While we take reasonable care in the performance of this agreement, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or by any third party arising from use or reproduction of any Image or its caption. Damages for any other breach shall be limited to the licence fee paid by you.
15) You must pay our invoice within 30 days of issue.
16) If you do not pay in accordance with these terms then we may at our option rescind this Agreement and recover damages, or charge interest at the rate prescribed by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 from the date payment was due until payment is made.
17) Any licence granted will terminate immediately if you (a) die, (b) enter into voluntary or compulsory liquidation; (c) have a receiver appointed; or (d) fail to perform any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions within 28 days of our giving you notice to comply. In the event of termination, all rights granted will immediately revert to us and any further exploitation of any Image shall constitute an infringement of copyright.
18) Any publication right (as defined in the Copyright and Related Rights Regulations 1996) arising from your use of any Image shall vest in us and you hereby assign all such rights arising to us.
19) Our failure to exercise or enforce any of our rights will not be deemed to be a waiver of such rights nor bar their exercise or enforcement in future.
20) Should any disagreement arise between us, we shall, if we both agree, first try to settle it by a mediation procedure recommended by the BPLC
21) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit the jurisdiction of the English courts, such jurisdiction to be exclusive, save for infringement of copyright or non payment of our invoices where it will be non-exclusive.
© Copyright 2001 British Photographic Council/ Finers Stephens Innocent. As agreed by BAPLA, AOP, NUJ, MPA and the BFP
Normal minimum reproduction rates start at £150.00
Normal day rates start at £500 + VAT